Mar 31, 2023
VictoriaMetrics is a fast, cost-effective and scalable monitoring solution and time series database.
- It can be used as long-term storage for Prometheus. See these docs for details.
- It can be used as a drop-in replacement for Prometheus in Grafana, because it supports Prometheus querying API.
- It can be used as a drop-in replacement for Graphite in Grafana, because it supports Graphite API.
- It features easy setup and operation:
- VictoriaMetrics consists of a single small executable without external dependencies.
- All the configuration is done via explicit command-line flags with reasonable defaults.
- All the data is stored in a single directory pointed by -storageDataPath command-line flag.
- Easy and fast backups from instant snapshots can be done with vmbackup / vmrestore tools. See this article for more details.
- It implements PromQL-like query language - MetricsQL, which provides improved functionality on top of PromQL.