An open-source firebase-alike
Appwrite is an end-to-end backend server for Web, Mobile, Native, or Backend apps packaged as a set of Docker microservices. Appwrite abstracts the complexity and repetitiveness required to build a modern backend API from scratch and allows you to build secure apps faster.
Using Appwrite, you can easily integrate your app with user authentication & multiple sign-in methods, a database for storing and querying users and team data, storage and file management, image manipulation, Cloud Functions, and more services.
It does quite a bit:
- Account - Manage current user authentication and account. Track and manage the user sessions, devices, sign-in methods, and security logs.
- Users - Manage and list all project users when in admin mode.
- Teams - Manage and group users in teams. Manage memberships, invites, and user roles within a team.
- Database - Manage database collections and documents. Read, create, update, and delete documents and filter lists of document collections using advanced filters.
- Storage - Manage storage files. Read, create, delete, and preview files. Manipulate the preview of your files to fit your app perfectly. All files are scanned by ClamAV and stored in a secure and encrypted way.
- Functions - Customize your Appwrite server by executing your custom code in a secure, isolated environment. You can trigger your code on any Appwrite system event, manually or using a CRON schedule.
- Locale - Track your user's location, and manage your app locale-based data.
- Avatars - Manage your users' avatars, countries' flags, browser icons, credit card symbols, and generate QR codes.