CSV querying libraries:
- miller - slow but thorough and multi-format (json, csv, tsv)
- xsv - faster, but no release since 2018. Author seems busy with other stuff (not complaining)
- zsv - very fast csv tools, C, never used it
- qsv - very fast csv tools, rust, never used it. Will turn json to csv (not sure how). Fork of xsv
- csvkit - slow, but the most thorough csv tools I know of
- q - run sql directly on CSV or TSV files
- csvtk golang tools, looks similar to qsv. Has plot tools, which is neat
Or you could load and query your CSV through slqite
CSV terminal output
tv - tidy viewer:
Tidy Viewer (tv) is a cross-platform csv pretty printer that uses column styling to maximize viewer enjoyment.
brew install tidy-viewer
VisiData is an interactive multitool for tabular data. It combines the clarity of a spreadsheet, the efficiency of the terminal, and the power of Python, into a lightweight utility which can handle millions of rows with ease.
has several of the functionalities of the querying libs, but also is a UI and can even show graphs in the terminal