Oct 20, 2023
LlamaIndex is a simple, flexible interface between your external data and LLMs. It provides the following tools in an easy-to-use fashion:
- Offers data connectors to your existing data sources and data formats (API's, PDF's, docs, SQL, etc.)
- Provides indices over your unstructured and structured data for use with LLM's. These indices help to abstract away common boilerplate and pain points for in-context learning:
- Storing context in an easy-to-access format for prompt insertion.
- Dealing with prompt limitations (e.g. 4096 tokens for Davinci) when context is too big.
- Dealing with text splitting.
- Provides users an interface to query the index (feed in an input prompt) and obtain a knowledge-augmented output.
- Offers you a comprehensive toolset trading off cost and performance.